In an effort to minimize the potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 for its members and employees, Jax Federal Credit Union will implement the following operational updates, effective Saturday, March 21, 2020:
- All Jax Federal Credit Union branch lobbies will close to the public. Drive-through branch services will be available during normal operating hours at the following branches:
- Park Street (Headquarters) (562 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204)
- Westside (7254 103rd Street, Jacksonville, FL 32210)
- Baymeadows (9802 Old Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256)
- Atlantic Beach (801 Atlantic Blvd., Atlantic Beach, FL 32233)
- Situations requiring lobby service will be handled on a case-by-case basis; private appointments will be set when necessary. Examples of functions that will be provided by appointment include access to safe deposit boxes, home equity closing (where electronic signatures are not an option) and transactions that would back up drive-through operations. Members are encouraged to call their local branch to discuss their specific needs and to schedule an appointment. Branch addresses and phone numbers can be found at jaxfcu.org/locations.
- Exterior ATMs, which are present at all branches except Mandarin (11406-2 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32233) and Orange Park (950 Blanding Blvd., Orange Park, FL 32065), will continue to be accessible to members.
- Night drop services are now Express Drop and are checked hourly by Jax Federal Credit Union employees.
During this transition, members are encouraged to utilize Jax Federal Credit Union’s website (JaxFCU.org) for online banking services such as account management, bill pay, funds transfer and loan services (online applications, electronic signatures for loan applications via DocuSign, and first mortgage loan closings at title companies); mobile banking through the Credit Card app and Card Valet app; contactless transactions through Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® and Google Pay™; and Jax Federal Credit Union’s network of ATMs throughout Northeast Florida, including free transactions at Publix Presto, Costco and 7-eleven ATMs.
Jax Federal Credit Union’s contact center will continue its normal operations. Members can reach the contact center at 904-475-8000, or toll-free at 800-443-2664, during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.). Support staff will also be accessible through online chat at JaxFCU.org during those same hours.
“Since 1935, our credit union has supported its members in the Northeast Florida community through numerous challenges. These changes will allow us to maintain continuity in access and service, while creating a safe environment for our members and employees,” said Mary Svoboda, Interim President and CEO of Jax Federal Credit Union.
Any members whose accounts and loans have been impacted by the coronavirus are encouraged to call 904-475-8000 to discuss assistance options.