Tournament officials for THE PLAYERS Championship announced today that Nemours Children’s Health System will sponsor the championship’s Kids Zone. Located steps away from THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience, the Kids Zone – open to the public from March 10-15 – will feature a coloring wall and photo booth among other activities, giving kids the opportunity to play while parents recharge.
The Kids Zone presented by Nemours Children’s Health System will also feature pop-up events including:
- “Tee Time” mini golf challenge on Saturday, March 14, from 10 a.m. to noon with Nemours Orthopedics and Sports Medicine experts
- “Eye Screens for Ice Cream and Family Morning Out” on Sunday, March 15, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children who receive an eye screening will receive a voucher that can be redeemed for an ice cream sandwich.
“We are very excited to partner with Nemours Children’s Health System in their efforts to improve the lives of children and families,” said THE PLAYERS Executive Director Jared Rice. “Advancing and promoting youth services, health and wellness are key charitable pillars of THE PLAYERS, and we look forward to collaborating with the Nemours team in making an impact on citizens and communities on the First Coast both at this year’s championship and in the months and years to come.”
“Nemours Children’s Health System provides top-quality, patient-centered care in the six states we serve,” said Nemours CEO Dr. R. Lawrence Moss. “Our long-standing collaboration with THE PLAYERS Championship is a great opportunity to make a positive impact by promoting healthy habits among young people and reaching families where they live, learn and play.”
Tickets: Kids 15 and under get in free with a ticketed adult; Family Plan package also provides additional savings
THE PLAYERS provides youth 15-and-under with free admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult. This is consistent with the PGA TOUR’s youth admissions policy.
Additionally, now through March 1, THE PLAYERS is selling a Family Plan package to give families attending the tournament the most affordable – and memorable – experience possible.
THE PLAYERS Family Plan package – available at THEPLAYERS.com/tickets – costs $130 per day on Thursday or Sunday and $140 on Friday or Saturday (plus tax) and includes two Stadium Passes (grounds passes) and two $10 concession vouchers (redeemable at all general concession stands and the more than 20 food partners on site).
Parking passes must be purchased separately and are now required Tuesday through Sunday. All parking passes are daily passes and must be purchased online in advance via THEPLAYERS.com/parking. Tuesday & Wednesday parking costs $15 per day and Thursday-Sunday costs $40 per day. Parking will not be sold on-site. THE PLAYERS will continue to offer fans free parking passes if they carpool with four or more people. These passes are limited and must be downloaded in advance. Rideshare will continue to be one of the easiest modes of transportation, with drop off and pick up located at the Couples Entry off of ATP Boulevard, just steps from the 15th hole at TPC Sawgrass.
Other key things for families to know:
- Bag Policy: Opaque bags measuring 6x6x6 inches and smaller or clear bags 12x6x12 inches and smaller are allowed inside the course grounds.
- Outside Food: THE PLAYERS allows fans to bring in a 1-gallon clear, plastic bag of food items wrapped in clear wrap.
- Refill stations: Fans can refill their empty water bottles at the filtered water stations throughout the course. This policy does not allow fans to bring in outside water bottles and/or beverages.
- Strollers: Strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles, and other essential baby supplies are permitted. The infant must be with the carrier. Items are subject to search.
- Family Care Suite presented by Wolfson Children’s Hospital: When it’s time to change a diaper or nurse your child, visit the Family Care Suite presented by Wolfson Children’s Hospital, an open-to-the-public, climate-controlled venue that serves as a comfort station for mothers, fathers and their little ones. And don’t worry about bringing diapers – the Family Care Suite will be providing them free of charge!
- Morgan Stanley Eagles for Impact Tent: In its new location along the 18th fairway, the Morgan Stanley Eagles for Impact tent will feature a golf simulator and the chance to win customized hats.
Military Members and Veterans: Military members, veterans and their families are invited to experience the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost presented by United Rentals. At this military-exclusive hospitality venue, attendees can enjoy complimentary food and beverages while enjoying the tournament action from some of the best seats on the course.