THE PLAYERS Championship, which returns to TPC Sawgrass March 10-15, 2020, is rolling out a ticket offer for college and graduate students to experience Northeast Florida’s biggest social event of the year at a discounted price.
College and graduate students with a valid student ID can access a discounted $55 Stadium Pass for Thursday through Sunday. To purchase a ticket, students should visit THEPLAYERS.com/tickets and then click on “College Student Offer.” Parking passes must be purchased separately and are available at THEPLAYERS.com/parking. Detailed parking information is below.
“With many local and regional colleges on spring break during the week of THE PLAYERS, I encourage students and their friends to come to this tournament and experience what we have to offer,” said Executive Director Jared Rice. “From The Chainsmokers concert on Tuesday to an endless variety of food and beverage experiences and the chance to get up close to the world’s best golfers, THE PLAYERS is a bucket-list destination for everyone, whether you’re a hard core golf fan or someone who just wants to enjoy the social scene on-site.”
Here are some of the top things for college students to do at THE PLAYERS:
- Take advantage of the on-site rideshare drop off and pick up: Uber, the preferred ride sharing partner of THE PLAYERS, will drop off and pick up at the Couples Entry off of ATP Boulevard, which is just steps from the 15th hole.
- Go to The Chainsmokers Concert: Grammy-award winning artist The Chainsmokers will perform at the Military Appreciation Ceremony and Concert on Tuesday, March 10, marking the first time that a pop/EDM artist will perform at THE PLAYERS. Tuesday tickets to THE PLAYERS cost just $45 plus tax and include access to The Chainsmokers concert, which immediately follows the Military Appreciation Ceremony at 5 pm.
- Sit on the hill on the Island Green 17th hole: the place to see and be seen. If sitting in the grass isn’t your style, check out the Fan Bleachers behind the 17th green.
- Stop by the PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience to stock up on exclusive gear: New in 2020, THE PLAYERS has partnered with Vineyard Vines on an exclusive t-shirt that is expected to sell out fast.
- If you’re 21 and up:
- The Oasis - Located between the 9th and 18th tee boxes, The Oasis is an air-conditioned venue and features signature cocktails made with GREY GOOSE® Vodka, the official spirit of the PGA TOUR. Be sure to try THE PLAYERS’ signature drink, the Sawgrass Splash, while you’re here.
- Wine Lounge presented by Meiomi Wines: Meiomi Wines, the official wine partner of the PGA TOUR, will sponsor the fan bleacher located behind #8 green and will feature a bar, photo moment station, on-site embroidery, branded cups and a birds-eye view of the action on the course.
- Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger: Just steps away from the Couples Entry, enjoy a variety of craft beers on tap in a fun, open-air setting.
- Try the nearly 20 local food options: THE PLAYERS partners with nearly 20 local restaurants each year to showcase the very best chefs, trends and flavors that Northeast Florida has to offer, from Chef Matthew Medure’s innovative New American plates at the tournament’s Wine & Dine on 9 venue presented by Meiomi Wines, to popular Baja Mexicana TacoLu serving up its famous tacos at the always-popular ‘Tacos on 12’ venue, donuts from Mini Bar, Jacksonville’s first mini donut shop, and the variety of food truck flavors at Trucks on 10—from Valley Smoke barbeque to Pie95 Pizza, Mama’s Argentinian Food to Cackylacky’s burgers.
Parking passes must be purchased separately and are now required Tuesday through Sunday. All parking passes are day specific and must be purchased in advance via THEPLAYERS.com/parking. Tuesday & Wednesday parking costs $15 per day and Thursday- Sunday costs $40 per day. Parking will not be sold on-site. As in years past, THE PLAYERS will offer fans free parking passes if they carpool with four or more people. These passes are limited and must be downloaded in advance.
Rideshare will continue to be one of the easiest modes of transportation, with drop off and pick up located at the Couples Entry off of ATP Boulevard, just steps from the 15th hole at TPC Sawgrass.
Chris Reimer, PGA TOUR, 904.273.3286, email@example.com
Emily Tillo, PGA TOUR, 904.273.3642, firstname.lastname@example.org