The Kids Will Be Alright At 6th Annual Back to School SmARTs Art Walk
The First Wednesday Art Walk will be a free, self-guided tour on August 7th from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Main Stage • Join us for a live musical performance by Vibe RW from 5-7 p.m. followed by Groove Coalition from 7:15-9 p.m. Watch the show from the comfort of The Oasis, Downtown Vision’s newest summer placemaking experience.
- Browse artwork • ABDUL, Artzy Fartzy Petz, The Bead Bowl, Alternate Bazaar, Baliliving86, Moises Ramos Fine Art, Tovah 2 Creations, Flor De Sol, Boho Babie, Creative Art Designs, Uniquewoodworks, Viktor Lazarev and The Bead Guy. Don’t miss these vendors and non-profit organizations: Affordable Marijuana License, Animal Care and Protective Services, All-American Gutter Protection, The Cummer Museum, The Florida Ballet, VyStar Credit Union, IMPACT Jax, Hello Fresh and One Blood. Plus, stop by the Friends of Hemming Park tent for refreshments and to learn more about upcoming events in Jacksonville's most historic public space.
KIDS ZONE @ LAURA ST. • Bring the kids to enjoy a game of GAGA Ball by GAGA Galaxy, bounce houses, activities by My Gym, jump-roping by Jump 4 Jax and a magic show by Crossroads Magic. Kids enjoy activities in the Kids Zone free this month.
ADAMS ST. EATS • Enjoy southern cuisine at Breezy Jazz Club, spicy Caribbean options from De Real Ting and a musical performance from Special Formula, kosher offerings at Gili’s Kitchen or flavorful Asian meals Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up a flyer at any of these locations or at the Art Walk tent in Hemming Park for discounts and specials.
ART & CULTURE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jacksonville Main Library • Explore the Main Public Library exhibition, Reclaimed Life Beyond the Landfill which is on display until September 22.
- Southlight Gallery • Explore the exhibit The Three Graces, which features artists Nancy R. Schultz. This exhibition will be on display until September 6.
- And view more works of art displayed in MOCA Jacksonville. Admission is free.
- Chamblin’s Uptown • Browse works from local artists and enjoy a cup of coffee or a good book when you visit.
- Visit Jacksonville • Swing by and discover hand-made products and other pieces by Body & Soul, Anthony Danes and Misty Prince, Patrick Winterbourne, Coolery Jewelery, Aida Calderon, Pixel Ken, The Art Corner, Tea Nation and K’s Got You Covered.
- Hollywood Cuts • Check out local rappers at The Lyricist Live, an open-mic street cypher from 5-10 p.m.
- And stop by Daniel James Salon for great gift options and more.
- Bellwether • Support local farms, breweries and bakeries by dining on timeless American cuisine.
- Food Truck Valley • Devour delectable food from Back to the Grind, Frozen Sweets Truck, HapaLi, Josie’s Latin Fusion, Kaboom Kebabs and Mr. Potato Spread.
- Super Food and Brew • Enjoy happy hour from 6-9 p.m. live music by Random Tandom, works by artist Stephen Durden. Stick around for artisan food paired with great craft beer and wine specials all night long.
- Vagabond Coffee Co & Bodega • Discover DTJax's newest coffee and baked goods shop and host of the Vagabond Flea, a market featuring local up-cyclers, antique sellers and more.
- And check out these eateries for more delicious options: Bay St. Bar and Grill, Burrito Gallery, Peterbrooke Chocolatier, Sweet Pete’s Candy Co. and Spliff’s Gastropub.
AFTER DARK HIGHLIGHTS
- 1904 Music Hall • Don’t miss a free concert featuring Dorms, Dog Church, First Case Scenario and Friendly Dads from 5-10 p.m.
- Myth Nightclub • Discover Silent Disco featuring over a dozen DJs on five different music channels, artists, dance performances and specials all night long.
- The Volstead • Enjoy happy hour from 4-7 p.m. and live music by The Raisin Cake Orchestra from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- The party doesn't stop at Breezy Jazz Club, Bold City Brewery, Dos Gatos, Element Bistro & Craft Bar, Island Girl Cigar Bar and The Justice Pub.
PARKING: Free street parking after 6 p.m. The Downtown Garage at Adams and Clay streets offers free, covered parking Art Walk night, courtesy of Elite Parking Services. (Enter on Clay Street.) Or park and ride the free Skyway, running until 9:30 p.m. Art Walk night.
MORE INFORMATION: Full First Wednesday Art Walk information is available at iloveartwalk.com. Art Walk is produced by Downtown Vision, Inc. with sponsorships from: Downtown Investment Authority, City of Jacksonville, JEA, VyStar Credit Union, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Live Oak Construction, Affordable Maijuana License, Chamblin’s Uptown, Regions Bank, X 106.5, Hot 99.5 and Easy 102.9. If you're interested in becoming a sponsor, email Katherine Hardwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Downtown Vision
Downtown Vision is a not-for-profit organization revitalizing Downtown through clean and safe initiatives, experience creation, marketing and information management. Created by commercial property owners through a self-assessment and governed by a board representing Downtown property owners, DVI administers a 90-block Business Improvement District. For more information, visit downtownjacksonville.com.