Rose Conry, chief executive officer of StaffTime, was named the 2014 overall JAX Chamber Small Business Leader of the Year. Prior to becoming a business owner, Conry worked in human resources for companies including CSX. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Jacksonville University and is currently working on a master’s degree in human resources at Webster University.
StaffTime is a comprehensive, full service minority-owned staffing solutions company with more than 25 years combined human resources experience. In four years, the business has grown into a $2 million company with two locations, four full-time employees and 20 consultants, all of them women.
“Small business is the life blood of commerce in our community,” said JAX Chamber President Daniel Davis. “The JAX Chamber is proud to honor an outstanding business leader that is dedicated to empowering job seekers with the tools to succeed. Congratulations, to Rose and the entire team at StaffTime.”
Helping connect individuals with meaningful employment is Conry’s mission. StaffTime provides free resume assistance and interview coaching to those who cannot afford it.
Eleven Northeast Florida business leaders were selected as Small Business Leaders of the Year by the Chamber Councils, the Beaches Division and the Entrepreneurial Growth Division. Each of these business leaders then competed for the overall JAX Chamber Small Business Leader of the Year. In addition to Conry, the nominees included:
- Matthew Wilson, Monument Road Animal Hospital, Arlington Council
- Lynda Culhane, Culhane’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, Beaches Division
- Carter Funk, DeLuxe Cleaners, Downtown Council
- Ellen Sullivan, Doctors Express Urgent Care Centers, Health Council
- Joe Flask, BrightLink Technology Incorporated, Jacksonville IT Council
- Brett Goodnough, Culture Index, Mandarin Council
- Paris Hurley, Holy Hands Cleaning Services, North Council
- Jeannie Fredrick, WSI – We Simplify the Internet, Professional Women’s Council
- Ellen Bushnell, Bushnell & Company P.A., South Council
- Scott Schilbrack, Luten Insurance Agency, West Council
The award was presented at the Small Business Leader of the Year Breakfast, which featured Intuition Ale Works Owner Ben Davis as the keynote speaker.