The Florida Department of Management Services is conducting a nationwide search for Florida’s statewide Chief Information Officer to lead the newly formed Division of State Technology.
Leadership Jacksonville, an organization that educates, connects and inspires diverse leaders to build and strengthen their communities, recently announced its new officers and members of its 2019-2020 board of directors.
The transaction closed July 11, 2019. The building previously operated as a Fidelity Bank branch, which closed in April 2019.
Achieve Your Business Dream - Business Foundations
Achieve Your Business Dream
Designed to introduce aspiring and new business owners to the core elements of business management and planning, Achieve Your Business Dream is a four week entrepreneurial training program powered by SCORE. Offered quarterly for four consecutive Tuesday evenings, each week is dedicated to a topic of business management: Foundations for Business, Business & Financial Basics, Marketing Strategies, and Create a Plan for Your Business. The cost of the program is $99. While most impactful when completed together as a series, individual workshop attendance is available space permitting for $30 per class.
Session 1: Business Foundations - What Will Your Business Be?
- Introduction to SCORE - Who are we and what we can do for you?
- Are You Entrepreneurial Material? - What characteristics and skills are needed to be successful?
- Business Vision/Five Year Plan - Where do you want your business (and you) to be in five years?
- Business Plan Overview - What topics should you be thinking about as you develop your plan?
- Developing a Support System -- What (mostly free) resources are available to help you succeed?
- Mission, Vision and Value Statements - What principles will drive your business?
- Legal Structure - What are the options for setting up your business and which is best for you?
Shirley Moore - Manager, Small Business Center at email@example.com