In an effort to address the lack of access to venture capital for women-led companies and those based in the southeastern United States, GuideWell Innovation is teaming with Springboard Enterprises for a 10-week scale-up accelerator
TrailMark in St. Johns County is hosting an evening under the stars with the Ancient City Astronomy Club of St. Augustine on Saturday, June 8, from 7 to 11 p.m.
North Florida Land Trust is pleased to announce Matt Greene has joined the organization as land manager.
Member Spotlight: The Escape Game
Located in St. Johns Town Center, The Escape Game is the premier provider of immersive entertainment in Jacksonville. Their adventures play like Hollywood blockbusters with twists, turns, and jaw-dropping surprises around every corner. Here’s how it works: You and your team will work together to find clues, overcome challenges, and ultimately complete a mission. Escaping will require teamwork, communication, wits, and a sense of adventure. There are 4 different 60-minute adventures to choose from, including Prison Break, Gold Rush, The Heist, and Special Ops: Mysterious Market.
While The Escape Game is an amazing thing to do with your friends and family, they also offer a team-building experience that is next-level. Forget awkward ice breakers and trust falls, this is where real team building occurs. In fact, The Escape Game recently did a survey and received these results:
- 9/10 people said that their team's communication skills improved following their team-building experience at The Escape Game.
- 10/10 people said the experience had a positive impact on team morale
Whether your team is new or has been working together for years, team building provides a chance to get everyone out of the typical office setting and do something fun to teach your team valuable, applicable lessons. At The Escape Game, these lessons become very apparent:
- Find Strengths and Weaknesses: One of the best things that team building can reveal is individual team members’ strengths and weaknesses. While working to complete your mission, you will begin to clearly see people take on different roles. This will help you to understand your team better and how you can best work together.
- Increased Communication: The key to any successful escape is communication, and the same can be said about team dynamics. Your team will have to be in constant communication if they want to escape, and this will help to develop those skills in the workplace as well.
- Win (and lose) Together: In the workplace, most projects are shared in some form or fashion. And at The Escape Game, no one escapes by themselves; it takes a team. Learning to celebrate the wins (or learning from mistakes!) together is what is important.
- Build Trust: Teams cannot succeed if there is no trust. While you work on one challenge in your mission, you have to trust your teammates are making progress as well. Once you’ve escaped, this trust will filter over to the office.
- Get To Know Each Other: Many times, coworkers only know their fellow workers’ in-office personality. By getting out of the office and seeing them under pressure, your team can know more about each other and work together more efficiently.
- Share Memories: A team bonds better through shared experiences. The memories they have will be fuel for conversation, creativity, and motivation for years to come. Best of all, this is an extremely FUN experience and memory.
And all of the above is happening while you find gold, save the world, break out of prison, or mastermind an art heist. If you can do all of that together, surely your team can conquer that Q2 project!
The Escape Game offers special rates for team-building groups and has a dedicated team of guest experience coordinators to make reserving your team outing completely stress-free. Learn more and reserve your next-level team-building experience at TheEscapeGame.com/Jacksonville/Team-Building